About our Organization
Founded in 2009 and named after the famous cycling event, Un Tour la Nuit, we are an independent cycling promotion group whose promotion program is focused on experiential education for the general public. Our policies are solely guided by our mission:
More People Cycling More Often
Our main objective, which we pursue across short and long time horizons, is the safety and wellness of cyclists. We see cycling as the foundation of an active lifestyle and a long term trend here to stay. The more people cycling more often — the more others will join in.
- Largest corporate donation in English Canada bike promotion sector (Shell Canada "Refueling Change" grant)
- Operating one of North America’s most successful government relations programs
- Drafted the only cycling notice of motion to pass City Council unanimously
- Assembled a fifteen person team to analyze and critique a City of Calgary bike rent (Bixi) proposal. The analysis demonstrated the system would not work in Calgary. Our applied research saved Calgary taxpayers three million dollars. Two student interns presented the case to the Land Use, Planning and Transportation committee.
- An unpopular and redundant bike path in the community of Lakeview was removed after we provided media and communications services to the residents' group who were struggling to have their voices heard
- Intervened to remove barriers to the completion of Legacy Trail from Banff to Canmore. This is now Alberta's most popular and successful bike path
- Most successful launch of an independent bike store cash sponsorship program – North America